Individual Tax Services Tailored for You

Navigating the complexities of individual taxation demands seasoned expertise and a customized approach. With years of experience serving clients, we specialize in delivering precise and beneficial tax solutions tailored to your unique circumstances. Contact us today to elevate your tax strategy with our trusted professionals.


Some common areas that we handle on a daily basis:

Self-Employment and Freelance Income

We excel in understanding the intricacies of self-employment and freelance income, from optimizing tax deductions to managing fluctuating income streams. 

Real Estate and Property Transactions

Our professionals possess the expertise to manage the intricate details of real estate taxation, including rental properties, sales, and investments.

Multistate Tax Filings in US

With clients spanning all 50 states, we specialize in navigating complex multistate tax filings. Our team ensures compliance and delivers effective tax solutions across diverse tax jurisdictions.

International Tax Issues

With clients worldwide, we specialize in managing complex international tax filings. Our team navigates different tax jurisdictions to provide compliant and effective tax solutions.

Our process

Prepare Your Tax Documents And Book Your Appointment

Fill out our questionnaire and upload your current tax documents and prior year tax return. Book your virtual or in person appointment with us (phone/Zoom/Viber).

At Your In-person/Virtual Appointment

We will give you a call/meet you to discuss your tax filing requirements, address all of your questions, and provide you best customer service. Plan 30 minutes or more for your appointment.

Tax Filing

Once we prepare your tax return we will send it to you for signature and approval. After we file your tax return to IRS/State you will receive a link to our secure portal for your tax returns and a detailed message with all the necessary information. 

Comprehensive Individual Tax Services

Client feedback has emphasized the importance of more than just tax filing. At Junior Tax, we prioritize long-term strategy and building relationships. That’s why we offer a comprehensive range of tax services tailored to meet diverse client needs. From initial planning to navigating complex negotiations with the IRS, our services are designed to ensure your financial security and compliance.

Some frequent topics that we are hired to discuss include:

Tax Planning and Strategy

We specialize in innovative tax strategies designed to fit each client’s unique financial circumstances and objectives. Our method involves proactive planning to reduce tax liabilities and enhance returns by taking advantage of lawful tax-saving opportunities.

Quarterly Tax Filings and Projections

Perfect for freelancers, entrepreneurs, and small businesses, our quarterly tax filing services ensure clients remain compliant with their tax responsibilities all year round. We deliver precise projections to aid in effective budgeting and financial planning.

Filing of Past-Due Returns and IRS Negotiations

For clients who are behind on their tax obligations, we offer specialized services to file past-due tax returns. Our team also represents clients in negotiations with the IRS, working to resolve disputes and reduce penalties and interest.


Federal Tax Return – 1040/1040X


Choose this service if you only need to file a federal tax return. You pay for the service at the time of filing.

State Tax Return


Choose this service for preparing and submitting your federal and state tax returns. Payment is made at the time of filing. 

Schedule C or F


Choose this service if you need to file a federal tax return and Schedule C or F. You pay for the service at the time of filing.

Schedule E   


Choose this service if you need to file a federal tax return and Schedule E. Payment is made at the time of filing.         

How much do you charge?

Our fees depend on the complexity of your tax return. We consider factors like forms needed, business income, and rental properties. While we can’t give an exact quote upfront, our prices are competitive for the level of service we offer. The average return costs $300, but simpler ones are usually around $200. This is just an estimate, and your final fee may vary.

How long does it take to get my taxes finished?

Most tax returns can be wrapped up in your first appointment. Occasionally, we might need some extra information from you and send you off to gather it. Once you have that information, you can drop it off depending on our availability, or we can schedule another quick appointment to finalize everything. If your tax situation is more complex, like involving businesses or multiple rental properties, the process might take longer. 

What do I need to bring to a tax appointment?

Identification: Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.) and Social Security cards (or ITIN assignment letters) for yourself, your spouse (if filing jointly), and any dependents.

Prior year tax returns: If you have them, bring your federal and state returns from last year.

Income documentation: Wage and earning statements (Forms W-2, 1099-G, etc.) from all employers and any other income sources.

Deduction documentation: Receipts, canceled checks, or other records for deductions you plan to claim (charitable donations, medical expenses, etc.).


How long does it take to get my refund?

Starting in 2017, by law, the IRS cannot process refunds for people who claim the child tax credit or the earned income credit until February 15 at the earliest. This can mean the actual refunds are delayed until February 27 or later. For persons not claiming these credits, the IRS is stating that roughly 90% of filers with refunds will receive them in 21 days or less. You can track your refund once it is accepted by the IRS using the “Where’s My Refund?” tracker on the IRS website or the IRS2Go app for your smartphone.

Do you efile?

Yes! We clearly understand the advantages of electronic filing. Here are some key points to mention:

  • Faster processing: E-filing leads to faster return processing compared to mailing paper forms.
  • Reduced errors: Electronic filing significantly reduces errors compared to manual data entry from mailed returns.

These benefits can save you time and frustration during tax season.

What should I do if I receive a notice from the IRS or the State?

Act quickly! Bring the notice to us ASAP.

We will:

  • Review it for accuracy.
  • Explain how to respond (including deadlines).
  • Advise on fees to handle the response for you (optional).

Don’t ignore these notices!

  • Common ones (like CP2000) suggest tax return changes and can lead to penalties if unanswered.
  • You typically have 30 days to respond.

Considering our help?

  • We’ll need signed Power of Attorney documents, limited to your specific tax issue and timeframe.
  • These documents generally don’t allow us to sign anything for you.
  • If you want us to sign specific documents, we’ll need additional authorization.

Can I just upload or mail in my tax information?

Yes! However, to accurately prepare your taxes, we will still ask that you complete our annual questionnaire (to make sure we do not miss anything and to honor our due diligence requirements with the IRS), and we will ask that you sign our engagement letter. 

I filed my tax return on XX date, I still have not received my refund.

  • Check for an offset: Did the IRS use your refund to pay off another debt? Call the IRS debt offset department if so (phone number provided).
  • Wait for processing: Has it been more than 3 weeks since your return was accepted? If yes, and you confirmed acceptance, call the IRS for further assistance (800-829-4477).
  • Verify your bank details: Did you enter the correct address, routing number, and account number for direct deposit? Double-check and confirm with your bank if unsure.
  • State vs. Federal Refunds: Refunds are separate. They do not come together. Federal refunds are generally received within 21 days of acceptance and State returns vary by state but most common within 14 days of acceptance.

Can you file for states other than Illinois?


Can I deduct medical expenses?

Each year, the IRS allows you to deduct unreimbursed expenses for qualifying medical expenses if they exceed 7.5% of your adjusted gross income. These expenses can come from:

  • Preventative care
  • Medical treatments
  • Surgeries
  • Dental and vision care
  • Psychologist and psychiatrist visits
  • Prescription medications
  • Prescription appliances (glasses or contacts, false teeth, hearing aids, etc.)
  • Travel expenses paid to receive this medical care (mileage, bus fare, and parking fees)

How much you can deduct depends on your income and whether you itemize your deductions. 

How long do you keep my filed information on file?

We retain your tax information for as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide you services. We may retain or use your information as necessary to comply with our policies, legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. The IRS requires us to retain filed tax returns for at least three years.

Where I can access more information about your privacy policy?

Please see our entire Privacy Policy for more detailed answers to your questions.

What is the best way to communicate with my preparer??

Reach us through the administrative staff during busy times. Tax preparers are often booked and might not be able to answer calls directly. Email or schedule a free 15-minute appointment for detailed questions. The staff can get answers from preparers quickly if needed. For complex questions, email or schedule a short appointment.

When is my return filed?

We’ll file your return electronically once we have everything:

  • All necessary documents, including signed agreements and forms.
  • Proof of refundable tax credits (like EITC or Child Tax Credit).
  • Full payment for your tax prep services.

Can I get an electronic copy of my tax return?

Yes! Through our secure tax portal, we will upload your returns and other documents you provided (such as W2s). You can then download them anytime you wish to save or print.

How long should I keep my tax records?

  • Generally keep records for 4 years: This covers most audits by the IRS (3 years) and California Franchise Tax Board (4 years). They can go back further for errors or suspected fraud.
  • Depreciation and asset records: Keep for 4 years after disposal. This applies to items you’ve depreciated (like cars) and assets (like your house).
  • Net operating loss and credit paperwork: Keep for 4 years after claiming. Maintain documentation related to these for 4 years after the year you claim them on your tax return.
  • Unlimited audit for fraud: If the IRS or Franchise Tax Board suspect fraud, they can audit for any past year.

What if I cannot pay all that I owe in taxes?

There are many options: installment agreements, paying by credit cards, offer in compromise or even being considered currently not collectible. The most important thing to do is file, and then arrangements can be made to pay if needed.

Can you help me file back taxes?

Yes! We can help you complete any tax unfiled tax returns back as far as you need to go! Generally, the IRS is only looking for the past 4 years, but if you need to do an Offer In Compromise or discharge the taxes in bankruptcy, all returns need to be filed.

What kind of deductions do I qualify for?

Almost everyone qualifies for the standard deduction or itemized deductions that reduce your taxable income. These are often the largest deductions available to you.

Self-employed workers and business owners may have more opportunities to save on their tax bills, but employees still have plenty of savings opportunities available. As an employee, you can deduct contributions made to IRAs, HSAs and FSAs when preparing your form 1040.

For employees, contributions made to your 401(k) or other employer-sponsored retirement plan during the year will not need to be deducted on your tax return. Instead, these dollars have already been taken out of your wages as shown on your form W-2.

Further, you can deduct student loan if you meet certain income criteria as well as home mortgage interest, state and local taxes and more.

If you have a side hustle, work as an independent contractor, or own a small business, you can deduct a lot of the costs related to running and maintaining your business. You have access to deductions for your home office, self-employment taxes, supplies, equipment, depreciation, health and business insurance, utilities and much more.

How can I reduce my tax bill?

  • Tax deductions: Reduce your taxable income, lowering your overall tax bill. Examples include contributions to retirement plans, HSAs, and FSAs.
  • Tax credits: Directly reduce your tax liability dollar-for-dollar. An example is the child tax credit, worth up to $2,000 per child.

What if I receive or find another tax form after I filed my return?

If you’ve already e-filed or mailed your return to the IRS or state taxing authority, you’ll need to complete an amended return. We can assist you in filing Form 1040x. Additional fees may apply.